Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the launch of its newest high speed, heavy segment production color devices – the RICOH Pro C9100 series.With speeds of up to 110 and 130 pages per minute (ppm) and the ability to print on media up to 400 gsm, the RICOH Pro C9100 and RICOH Pro C9110 deliver high-quality output, increased productivity and reliability at prices much lower than what is available today, further enabling companies to transition from offset to digital. The RICOH Pro C9100 series joins the Ricoh production print portfolio alongside the recently announced RICOH Pro C7100X series and RICOH Pro VC60000. These offerings will be highlighted in the Ricoh booth, #1931, at GRAPH EXPO 14 in Chicago, September 28 – October 1, 2014.
In a market previously limited to more expensive offerings that delivered fewer features, the RICOH Pro C9100/C9110 now provide a more affordable digital color production device with higher productivity, greater media handling capabilities, ease of use and best in class image quality. These attributes ultimately enable printers to expand business opportunities and better serve customers with quicker turnaround times and enhanced image quality. The RICOH Pro C9100/C9110 allow print and marketing service providers to produce high-value, high-quality output such as marketing collateral (brochures and flyers), direct mail pieces (coupons and postcards) and even packaging applications.
“Today, digital color is everywhere, but producing it at high quality and speeds prior to the RICOH Pro C9100 series required compromises in other areas. Our customers want a partner who understands needs such as these and delivers solutions that address them at an affordable price, while helping grow their business,” said Tim Vellek, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “This is exactly why we developed the RICOH Pro C9100 series – to help customers address new market segments by lowering the barrier of entry to high quality and high speeds.”
The RICOH Pro C9100/C9110, available in early 2015, prints at speeds up to 130ppm and 110ppm respectively based upon A4 at up to 1200×4800 dpi with VCSEL image quality. The series can support paper weights of up to 400gsm in both simplex and duplex while maintaining rated engine speed for increased applications and efficiency without degradation of quality. With a maximum sheet size of 13×19.2, a maximum monthly volume of one million based on A4, with a duty cycle of 1.75m, they offer customers greater flexibility.
Other value-adds of the RICOH Pro C9100/C9110 include:
- An elastic fusing and transfer belt to support textured media, such as vellums and linens;
- Up to eight vacuum-fed paper drawers in line (with a maximum of 3 large capacity tray options per system configuration) with an option to retrofit one tray to support extended sheet sizes of up to 27.5 inches in length in both simplex and duplex mode;
- A straight paper path with LED guidance for user intervention;
- An increased color gamut for increased output fidelity;
- Automatic adjustment for media density, resulting in less wasted toner and a lower toner melting point, resulting in faster warm-up times and increased energy efficiency;
- A media library which allows users to adjust and associate different parameters per substrate to help ensure IQ and reliability;
- A media identification unit for matching unique media types to those in the media library;
- New EFI Fiery controllers using the latest FS150 platform;
- A complete suite of optional finishing solutions, including the new Plockmatic booklet maker, booklet folder and trimmers and the GBC StreamPunch Ultra for in-line tab punching;
- Backed by Ricoh’s TCRU program (Trained Customer Replaceable Units), which enables customers to replace parts for increased uptime and performance.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,236 billion yen (approx. 21.7 billion USD).
The majority of the company’s revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.